I choose cvs as a versionning System. Although it is quite old and surpassed in functionnalities by more recent systems, it is sufficient for my needs.
The Cervisia graphical front-end will be used for average operations (check-in, etc).
The command line tools will be used for more advanced (branches, releases, etc).
- 1 Check out in a new sandbox in a new sandbox before each modification; new sandbox becomes current sand box
- 2 Don't copy sources between sandboxes
- 3 Don't edit sources outside the sandbox
- 3b Edit until compile and tests are OK
- 4 Compile and run tests from sandbox
- 5 Do not check in until compile and test are ok
- 6 If checkin involves merge conflicts then resolve conflicts
- 7 If end of iteration then branch
- 8 Before branching backup CVS repository and generated targets.