Create a Second stage boot loader, aka the KernelLoader.
The BootSector loads and runs a KernelLoader at adress $1000:$0000.
For the moment, the KernelLoader is just intended to
- load the disk directory
- go through the disk directory and display its entries
- load a file into memory.
- Display an error whenever a problem occurs.
Means : Develop the following routines:
- BiosBased disk sector loading
- DiskDirectory loading
- Find first directory entry
- Find next directory entry
- Find first File cluster
- Load current file cluster
- Find next file cluster
Back to HomePage